I’ve loved ginger since I was a kid. The smell, the taste and how it made my tummy feel good. I still feel that way about it, including using the word tummy! So, today I thought what better way to spruce up a spinach smoothie than by adding ginger and some pear (the two go together amazingly). I am pleased with the results, and if you try it, I hope you are too!
Just one of the ingredients in this bowl helps to support healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Listed below the recipe are the full health benefits and nutritional value for the ingredients.
Have a wonderful day!
Spinach pear and banana super smoothie bowl
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 pear
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1/4 tablespoon hemp or flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of blueberries
- Tablespoon shaved coconut
- Tablespoon of gluten-free granola
- 1 kiwi
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Add the toppings and serve immediately.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands and quantities used in the recipe)
- Calories: 492 (without toppings: 244)
- Fat: 8g (without toppings: 2.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 68g (without toppings: 35g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)
Some health benefits
- Spinach: Supports healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Pears: Improve heart health, digestion and immunity and help with managing diabetes.
- Bananas: Support digestion, weight loss and heart health, they are also good for hangovers because of the potassium to help dehydration.
- Coconut: Supports skin and hair health, weight loss, and helps fight infections.
- Kiwi: Aids in digestion, boosts immunity, helps lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Protein, carbs and fat: As mentioned in The basics for a proper diet, these two, along with fats, are key building blocks for your body’s functioning.