Mangoes, along with cherries are my favorite fruits…okay I just gave myself an idea for a new smoothie. But is there such a thing as too much goodness in one bowl? I guess I’ll find out next week! Anyway, technically this is more of a summer smoothie but I’m trying to promote warm weather in an attempt to actually make it feel warmer. It may have worked because today is reaching a high of 14 Celsius or 57 Fahrenheit! It was also yummy and nutritious so that’s an added bonus!
Just one of the ingredients in this bowl can help with depression, intestinal health, and allergies, and improve immunity. Listed below the recipe are the full health benefits and nutritional value for the ingredients.
Mango lime protein smoothie recipe
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 mangoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vegan, gluten-free vanilla protein powder, I used Vega Sport
- Juice of half a lime
- Coconut, shaved
- Chia seeds
- Walnuts or almonds, chopped
Combine all ingredients minus the toppings in a blender and purée until smooth. Add the toppings and serve immediately.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands and quantities used in the recipe)
- Calories: 442 (without toppings: 274)
- Fat: 7g (without toppings: 2.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 65g (without toppings: 37g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)
Some health benefits
- Mango: Helps clear skin and fight heat stroke, and supports digestive, eye and heart health.
- Strawberries: Boosts immunity for disease prevention, helps with depression, intestinal health, and allergies.
- Lime: Helps improve skin, digestion, and ulcers; also used for eye care and respiratory disorders.
- Coconut: Supports skin and hair health, weight loss, and helps fight infections.
- Kiwi: aids in digestion, boosts immunity, helps lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Protein, carbs and fat: As mentioned in The basics for a proper diet, these two, along with fats, are key building blocks for your body’s functioning.