I’m still on my super bowl kick. The first one was blueberry rooibos and the second one was cacao and banana. I’ve made vanilla chai tea smoothies before and loved them, so I decided to work the recipe into a smoothie bowl and make it better. And I did! The additional ingredients and toppings made this a filling breakfast and super awesome bowl.
Some of the health benefits include supporting brain and heart health, digestion, and weight and type 2 diabetes management.
Listed below the recipes are the nutritional values and some of the health benefits. I calculated the nutrition based on brands and amounts used.
Have a wonderful day!
Vanilla chai tea super smoothie bowl
- 1 in frozen banana cut large chunks
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-2 figs
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 3 chopped walnuts
- 10 sunflower seeds
- A drizzle of pure maple syrup (I just felt like syrup for some reason!)
Nutritional information for 1 serving (based on brands used in the recipe)
- Calories: 595 (without toppings: 363)
- Fat: 9.5g (without toppings: 5 g)
- Carbohydrates: 70g (without toppings: 45g)
- Protein: 35g (without toppings: 30g)
Some health benefits
- Chai tea: Improves digestion, boosts the immune system and fights inflammation
- Bananas: Support digestion, weight loss and heart health, they are also good for hangovers because of the potassium to help dehydration.
- Cinnamon: Is an antioxidant, promotes heart health, boosts immunity and protects teeth and gums and freshens breath.
- Walnuts: Improve brain health and immunity, and help to manage weight and type 2 diabetes
- Ginger: Helps nausea and digestion, boosts immunity and aids with pain and weight management.
- Sunflower seeds: Can reduce the severity of asthma, lower high blood pressure, and prevent migraine headaches as well as acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Chia seeds: Boosts immunity for disease prevention, helps with depression, and intestinal and heart health.
- Figs: Support digestion, weight loss and heart health, they are also good for hangovers because of the potassium to help dehydration.
- Protein: Builds and repairs tissues. It also makes enzymes and hormones and is vital to building bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.