In honor of my mom’s birthday today, it’s time for chocolate! This vegan, gluten-free smoothie bowl is as healthy as it is tasty.
You might want some privacy when you eat this one.I felt like a little kid wanting to lick the bowl after!
The ingredients can help you boost your metabolism and immunity, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and help with digestion. The full nutrition and health benefits are listed below the recipe.
Chocolate banana smoothie bowl
- 2 ripe, frozen, sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or soy milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed unsweetened orange juice
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of peanuts
- 1/4 cup of shaved coconut
- 1 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 507 (without toppings: 343)
- Fat: 15g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 72g (without toppings: 56 g)
- Protein: 35g (without toppings: 30 g)
Some health benefits
- Bananas: Support digestion, weight loss and heart health, they are also good for hangovers because of the potassium to help dehydration.
- Coconut: Supports skin and hair health, weight loss, and helps fight infections.
- Cacao nib: Supports digestion, weight loss and muscle and nerve functioning. They are also good for anemia and help boost your mood.
- Peanut: Supports heart health and is an antioxidant.
- Protein: Builds and repairs tissues. It also makes enzymes and hormones and is vital to building bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.