With the holiday season already here, many of us are running around, frantically looking for gifts for our loved ones and for the ones that we are somewhat obligated to get gifts. The memories of shopping last year have barely faded from our minds.
I always have an easier time choosing gifts for men as the ones I know tend to be more casual about it. Some of us are high-maintenance while some of us are humble and some are in-between. Some of us can be satisfied with just a scented candle while others expect brand-names only, which ultimately makes holiday shopping much more stressful. While there is nothing wrong with either, there are some gifts that can apply to any group, whether you are shopping for your mother, sister, lover, wife or significant other.
I find the following ideas fantastic presents and reasonably priced.
1. Wine subscription for all wine lovers (my favorite): I stumbled across amazingclubs.com where there are three, six and 12-month subscriptions available for such a reasonable price. Or if you are a Californian wine lover as I am, nakedwines.com always has great subscriptions for various wines made by Californian winemakers. If not, you can find sites that have wine subscriptions for other regions.
2. A spice gift set for all the chefs out there: What better way to surprise that one person who loves to experiment with food flavors? Calicutts Spice Co. is running a special of four handcrafted gluten-free spice blends in a beautifully packed gift box. This gift set and many similar ones are available on etsy.com, a popular website with affordable pricing.
3. A beauty sampler: This is a popular item that can totally make your decision easy if you are having a difficult time choosing a gift; especially if you do not know that recipient’s taste. Birchbox.com is offering a subscription for five high-end beauty product samples (makeup, skin care, hair care, and fragrance). The products can be personalized to their liking and tried out each month.
4. Fitness and fashion addicts: This one speaks true to my heart as I have always focused on synchronizing fitness and fashion together, hence my name FashionableFitGirl. I have been searching for quite some time to find the right fitness and health tracker but never found FitBit or other products fashionable enough, and I wanted to make a statement. Not too long ago one of my friends had ordered a Michael Kors fitness tracker. I completely fell in love with it as it had combined fitness and fashion in one. The activity tracker, called Michael Kors Access’ Crosby Collection, has a mother-of-pearl face on a stainless-steel case in a silicon bracelet. The bracelet comes in a variety of colors, but my favorite is the black and gold-tone combination.
5. Perfume sampler: My signature scent for years has been Apple Be Delicious DKNY until about a year ago when I was introduced to this organic Italian perfume made in Italy. But unfortunately after a year, the company was bought by a French company, and I couldn’t trace it anymore. So, this year I am back to searching for the right perfume and got myself an early present; The Perfume Sampler by Sephora. It is only available during the holiday season, and it offers 15 different samples of high-end perfumes such as Bright Crystal Versace; which happens to be my first choice so far. The beauty of it is that after you have tried all samples, you choose your favorite and then you can own a full-size bottle without spending more money.
Here is a little secret I want to share with you.
Whenever I purchase online, I take advantage of Ebates.com, which ultimately gives me cash back on my purchases from main sites such as Groupon, LivingSocial, Travelocity, and much more.
What would be your favorite gift idea? Any other thoughtful ideas that you prefer?
Coming soon: An article on gifts to buy for men.