Butternut squash and pumpkin are autumn and Thanksgiving classics. What better way to add some comfort to your day than a delicious roasted butternut squash protein smoothie? Have it for breakfast or take a break from a chaotic day and drink it as a hearty snack. It’s vegan and gluten-free to boot!
Happy Thursday everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating in the USA!
- 1 cup puréed roasted butternut squash
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chia or flax seed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the stem off the squash and slice the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Sprinkle squash with a pinch of salt.
- Place squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, until fork tender and golden brown on the bottom. Allow to cool.
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.