Do you have some people popping by and want to whip up a snack? Don’t let smoke come out of your ears thinking up a dish that meets a range of dietary needs. This glazed tofu and spinach wraps recipe is simple and has been a hit every time I’ve made them (so far!).
Makes: 4 Servings
Total Time: 35 minutes, 20 minutes cook time, 15 minutes prep time
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 bunch of spinach
- Cucumber slices
- Julienned carrots
- 2 apples sliced
- Handful of chopped toasted almonds
- Corn tortillas
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F or 204C.
- Cut the tofu into strips or slices.
- Mix the Dijon mustard, maple syrup and paprika in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss the tofu pieces in the marinade and spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until glaze has set and tofu is heated through.
- Meanwhile, prepare other toppings for your wrap; slice the cucumber, carrots and apples and toast and chop the almonds. For the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a jar and shake to combine.
- Briefly heat the wraps and top with a few pieces of tofu. Add spinach and other toppings and add dressing.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 16g
- Carbs: 34g
- Protein: 17g